[Bf-committers] 3D cursor hiding in paint modes

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Sat Dec 14 17:12:57 CET 2013

@Campbell, my point was that if we are to selectively hide the 3D cursor
automatically then I think it would be better to simply have a user toggle
for it.

But personally I agree with Ton that it shouldn't be hidden at all. It's
too integral to too many things.

You can always enable Render Only during painting and sculpting. That's
what I do.

On Saturday, December 14, 2013, Alexey Akishin wrote:

> On Saturday 14 December 2013 18:12:04 Mikhail Rachinskiy wrote:
> > get rid of this circle at all, simple black cross-hair like in walk mode
> is enough.
> +1. But I think replacing solid black lines with white-black dots like in
> cross-hair of 2D cursor in UV Editor (or, alternatively, just add
> gray/white lines around black cross-hair) would be a good idea. Without
> distracting red-white circle we could have simple but elegant cross-hair as
> cursor (assuming cross-hair visibility is improved).

Jonathan Williamson
http://cgcookie.com