[Bf-committers] 3D cursor hiding in paint modes

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:20:13 CET 2013

@Jonathan - its not clear to me what you're proposing.
(hiding in what context exactly?)

In general, I don't think adding an extra option for this is a good
idea, its been suggested before quite a few times (by users on
blenderartists),

But think this just adds an extra setting for the user to have to
manage, and could get confusing if newer users open someone elses file
with the 3D cursor hidden.

When painting I can see it could get in the way, but when you go into
editmode then probably you'd want it to show again, and having to do
this manually when switching modes is no good IMHO.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Jonathan Williamson
<jonathan at cgcookie.com> wrote:
> I'm pulling down the updates now to test, but it's my initial thought that
> a switch to turn off the 3D cursor would be more ideal. This would help
> prevent people from inadvertently using the cursor, or trying to use the
> cursor and not understanding why it's not showing.
>
> Jonathan Williamson
> http://cgcookie.com
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Campbell, indeed this was slightly hasty on my part. An alternative
>> might be an explicit switch to turn it off, just like we offer for
>> individual axis or grid? It can get annoying and in the way sometimes.

- Campbell