[Bf-committers] Bullet integration

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Dec 11 17:52:55 CET 2013

Hi,

I don't now much about Bullet so maybe some else can jump in an give
better answer.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Jacob Merrill
<blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, and thank you all for your amazing contributions,
>
> I have some questions,
>
> *Q1.p1*-Is there anyone working on integrating the newest builds of bullet?

No one as far as I know.

Have you tried to figure out if Bullet 3 supports all the features we
need? As I understand from reading the readme.txt, it seems to only
support a subset of collision shapes and constraints, and softbodies
don't seem to be part of the API (although there is a demo). Maybe
it's possible to adapt all that, but it would be good to figure that
out before starting to integrate it.

> *p2*-If not is there any documentation for what commands, links and
> connections blender and the BGE use to interact with bullet, so I may try
> and add support for bullet 3.x or even a custom bullet blend?

For the game engine, Bullet integration seems to be in these files:
source/gameengine/Converter/KX_SoftBodyDeformer.cpp
source/gameengine/Ketsji/KX_ConvertPhysicsObjects.cpp
source/gameengine/Physics/Bullet/

I don't think there is any documentation about this integration
specifically, you'll probably have to read the code and try to figure
out how things fit together.

> *Part 3- Is there a website devoted to learning C++ and C that is newb
> friendly?*

Probably there are quite a few, but I don't know which one is good,
maybe someone else can give a recommendation.

Brecht.