[Bf-committers] blender do not updates from git

Piotr Arlukowicz piotao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 21:57:55 CET 2013

Thank you Brecht!

It seems to be really up to date, that's good. However, after I followed
the procedure and the compilation suddenly fails. At least git updates are
working!

I did fresh install of everything related to blender.
My setup is the following:

install_deps.sh file has the following config paths (changed by me as said
in instructions):

DISTRO="mint-piotao"
RPM=""
SRC="$HOME/blender-git/deps"
INST="$HOME/blender-git/install"
TMP="/tmp"

So, deps dir is inside my blender-git folder.

I followed instructions from wiki, and I've prepare my own user-defs.py
file. Here it is:

BF_FFMPEG_LIB = 'avformat avcodec swscale avutil avdevice theoradec
theoraenc theora vorbisenc vorbisfile vorbis ogg xvidcore vpx mp3lame x264
openjpeg'
BF_FFMPEG = '/home/piotao/blender-git/install/ffmpeg'
BF_OIIO = '/home/piotao/blender-git/install/oiio'
BF_OPENEXR_LIB_STATIC = '/lib/libHalf.a /lib/libIlmImf-2_1.a
/lib/libIex-2_1.a /lib/libImath-2_1.a /lib/libIlmThread-2_1.a'
BF_OPENEXR_LIB = 'Half IlmImf-2_1 Iex-2_1 Imath-2_1 '
BF_OPENEXR = '/home/piotao/blender-git/install/openexr'
WITH_BF_BOOST = True
WITH_BF_COLLADA = False
WITH_BF_CYCLES = True
WITH_BF_OCIO = True
WITH_BF_OIIO = True
WITH_BF_STATICOCIO = True
WITH_BF_STATICOPENEXR = True

I've run usual compilation using python scons/scons.py from blender dir.
Much of the process was done, but it finally fails. I think it is due to
/lib/ paths which should be diffrent.

Error I've got:
scons: `/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/lib/libextern_lzma.a' is up to
date.
scons: `/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/lib/libextern_carve.a' is up
to date.
scons: `/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/lib/libextern_xdnd.a' is up to
date.
Compiling ==> 'creator.c'
Compiling ==> 'buildinfo.c'
scons: *** [/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/bin/blender] Source
`/lib/libHalf.a' not found, needed by target
`/home/piotao/blender-git/build/linux/bin/blender'.

I analyzed install_deps.sh script, but there was no place where proper
paths were set. I don't know how to set up proper path for libs like
ILMbase, which seems to be a core of the problem. Am I right?
How can I repair this setup to run it smoothly?

pz
piotr
--
Piotr Arlukowicz