[Bf-committers] I created a branch accidentally, but I have no 'git rights' to delete it

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:33:09 CET 2013

Hi,

Short Story:
=========
$ git push upstream :fix-fly-center

gives me the error:

```
remote: *** Deleting a branch is not allowed in this repository
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/fix-fly-center
To git at git.blender.org:blender.git
 ! [remote rejected] fix-fly-center (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.blender.org:blender.git'
```

Can anyone with administrator rights remove this branch?
Thanks

Long Story:
========
'arc land' landed the branch in my github repository

* arcanist defaults to origin for most of its operations, and since
.arcconfig is part of our repository, I can't change it without
arcanist itself complaining of non-committed changes in my branch. I
think I will rename git.blender.org to origin, and my github to
something else.

After I realized what happened I did the following command following
arcanist suggestion:
$ git checkout -b 'fix-fly-center' 'cacaad40ac1be0dca73e26f62edc03d361cba85a'

so far so good, I then did:
$git push upstream

While I should have done:
$git push upstream fix-fly-center:master

And now I ended up with a branch in git.blender.org that I cannot delete.
It's no big harm, but it wouldn't hurt to delete the branch and
pretend this never happened ;)

Cheers,
Dalai
--