[Bf-committers] Cycles incompatibilities with latest OSL master

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 7 19:30:55 CET 2013

Hi Devs,

I spent the day updating install_deps.sh to oiio 1.3.9 & osl 1.4.0…

As I was tired of our ugly patches inside this script, I decided to move
back to custom git fork of the projects, with needed fixes (and pull
requests! :P ), thus I had to use HEAD of oiio and osl instead of the
releases.

Finally got everything working (with even updates for latest OpenEXR
2.1.0, which changes its libs names, grrr), but current cycle code has
one issue: in cycles/render/osl.cpp, OSL::ShadingSystem
*ss->clear_state() exists no more.

I managed to compile by simply commenting those four calls, and from a
very quick test it seems to work, but not sure this is a correct
solution… So it would be great if our Cycles experts could check this… ;)

Best regards,
Bastien