[Bf-committers] Blender compilation breaks with post-1.4.0 OSL

Matthew rnddim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:52:18 CET 2013

$ecent changes to OSL after the 1.4.0 release removed the
"ClosurePrimitive" class, which breaks Cycles on compiling
intern/cycles/kernel/osl/background.cpp .

Since the commit that removed this legacy code in OSL did only that, I'm
afraid I'm not able to offer any advice in what to replace it with,
beyond the fact that the replacement features are seemingly already
available.

If you need to see the commit that remove ClosurePrimitive and what else
it affected, it's available here:

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenShadingLanguage/commit/066dd45e6765762238a319f9a2de8e83410cef0b

Just thought I'd bring this up before a release of OSL with this change
lands, so you're able to prepare Blender for it appropriately :) .