[Bf-committers] git conversion/git hosting/subgit?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 03:31:43 CEST 2013

Hi Jake,

We haven't been actively working on the conversion recently but we are
able to do a svn->git conversion but intend to get back to it after
GSOC ends,

This wiki will be kept up to date regarding the git conversion process.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Proposals/MigrationToGit

Currently we're looking to use Reposurgeon since it can skip
accidental-commits, gsoc branches that were never merged and ~4gig of
binary library history stored in svn.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM, Jake Kauth <jake at kauth.org> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> I have been playing with "subgit" and the blender SVN repository, and
> see that
> there are future"plans (2.7 timeframe?) to move to git.
>
> I would like to help with this project, if I can. :)
>
> Are there any firm plans or project leads for doing the git conversion?
> Is there a hosting
> provider already chosen?  Is use of "subgit" part of plan?
>
> Thanks for the info.   Thanks for blender.
>
> jake
> *****

- Campbell