[Bf-committers] Trusted blend files and scripted drivers bug and annoyance

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Aug 10 19:35:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

I understand the pain... apparently this header notice is not communicating, even when people already expressed disagreement and knew the feature was coming.

However, you can set this all in user preferences to have things work forever as you want. It'swell documented in release logs:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Extensions/Python/Security

One idea we missed to investigate was to make the default (for previous saved startups) to mimic the old behaviour, so existing users wouldn't notice the change. The new trusted source feature then would only get activated on new installs or new userprefs after upgrading Blender.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute