[Bf-committers] Leap Motion Integration

Hugo Lamarche lamarchehugo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:21:56 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone !,

My name is Hugo Lamarche, I'm a Leap Developer and a big fan of Blender :).

I have already done a small Leap Motion integration to Blender Game using
the Python api and more recently I've made a small test addon that control
the position of object according to their name with the hands.

Here is a video of the bge integration (a little bit old actually):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFpayaR6TU

I've also use blender to make my intro too for the game that I develop with
Unreal Development Kit (Debris) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9K4Ruxa4yA

Its would be a pleasure for me to help you guys to integrate the Leap
Motion Controller to Blender.

Please tell me how your feelings about this integration. Do you think its
just need to be a python addon, or directly in the C++ code ? What would be
the first step ?

Regards

Hugo