[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender for commercial services

W. Nelson indigitalspace at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 22:14:05 CEST 2013

So if commercial services become available as an official release addon they then would have a wiki category and addon page.  Keeping that organized and focused seems like it will help manage the quality.  Also having a clear area in the addon preferences to globally disable all or individual ones would help.

For now I think limiting the categories to start and on a trial basis would also help keep things focused and manageable.  The 3D printing/hacker/builder space movement is very strong and connected to Blender already as are render engines and thus render farms.  I think keeping the commercial addon space focused on these already integral parts of the Blender community will be of direct benefit to segments of the user base.

IMHO,
JTa