[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [58855] trunk/blender/source/blender: fix for [#36260] 2, 300 Objects Makes Blender Unresponsive

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 17:52:18 CEST 2013

hah, ok you exposed a bug of mine then, checking and the function
wasn't called anywhere else.

I added the BLI_mempool_as_array* functions when writing some test
code, and figured they'd be useful later on,
Some areas of code do a lot of checking to calculate the array size
before allocating it (see transform_conversions.c).
It was my intention to use these functions for this purpose in such cases.

Now your fix is in I think its confusing to name both functions
BLI_mempool_as_arrayN / BLI_mempool_as_array, will check on a change.

Also, I'd prefer fixes/changes to low level API's
BLI_ghash/heap/string... etc, are done in separate commits.

But thanks a lot for fixing and I'm sure users will appreciate faster
outliner, this has been a long time annoyance ever since the outliner
was added.