[Bf-committers] Inventing Pseudo House Printer Technology

Brian Korsedal brian.korsedal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 23:13:24 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

I've got a neat technology and I'd like to see if you guys would be
interested in doing a joint project or a design competition.  Basically, I
wrote software which can make a steel space frame in any shape.  It's not
quite a 3D printer, but it works today and we can make stuff the size of
warehouses.  We hope to turn it into a computer generated house maker over
the next year.

We have a design competition going on right now, but no one seems to be
interested.  We're not getting a lot of flak from people because we call it
a 3D printer, which it isn't exactly, but very similar in results and it
works today, rather than 10 years from now.

I was wondering who in your community we could talk to about doing a joint
design competition?  We'll manufacture the winner, which will probably be
around 30ft by 30ft by 15ft tall.

You can read about us here:

http://on3dprinting.com/2013/07/31/arcology-now-launches-competition-for-large-scale-3d-printed-habitats/

Here is an example of a cool structure we'd like to build some day:

https://sketchfab.com/show/2INbmmj5mVsHCpaqYcWW2o3DAs2

Here is a description of how our software works and links to files for our
design challenge:

http://www.arcologynow.com/#!design-guidelines/c1rhf

We've built six structures to date and we'd like to keep doing this, but
we're making zero progress with connecting to the public.  We kinda think
this technology would be a 3D designers dream, but we might have to quit,
which would be tragic.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TLDR:

Want to try our house printer?
I was wondering who in your community we could talk to about doing a joint
design competition?

-Brian