[Bf-committers] I found a GHOSTBuster ;)

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Sun Apr 28 19:46:01 CEST 2013

I finally found the crashing factor in GHOST Win32 on Win8.
It was a nasty GetWindowLong that should have been a GetWindowLongPtr.

I tested the change in MSVC 2008, 2010 and 2012. Everything seems to work fine and smooth.

I'll upload 3 test builds and the patch to my site. This could take a while due to a slow Internet connection.

Now I'll focus on fixing OpenCOLLADA and libmv compilation. Maybe I'll find time to build cuda binaries with 2012 too, this guide looks promising:

http://blog.norture.com/2012/10/gpu-parallel-programming-in-vs2012-with-nvidia-cuda/

If someone wants to try: http://shadowrom.de

Jürgen