[Bf-committers] Debugging with GCC's Address Sanitizer

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 14:31:17 CEST 2013

You wrote:

"Pros: Can use a breakpoint to investigate the point when error happens"

I'd like to just point out that you can do that with valgrind + gdb too:
http://valgrind.org/docs/manual/manual-core-adv.html#manual-core-adv.gdbserver-gdb

This has proved valuable to me on more than one occasion. Maybe the new gcc
__asan_report_error is still a bit easier to use though.