[Bf-committers] Blender online

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Apr 26 10:27:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

Oh - yeah I was interpreting it as similar to how we setup pipelines in a studio. Where you keep the .blends individually owned, and link in data.

Work on the same .blend scene together is a specification that would right go deep into the core of Blender's design. I wouldn't recommend to try this, nor do I think it would become a succesful project with the current state of Blender.

The issue of efficient data sharing for projects is really something you can handle on a meta level, and not try to do it on vertex/objects level or on tools.

Take GIMP for example. It sounds fun to have 2 people do operations on 1 image, but if this is useful? In practice, ownership of such data is really not a limitation.

That goes for character rigs, models, environments, props, etc. Easy to design a data structure based on .blends being managed by individuals.

-Ton-