[Bf-committers] GSoC 2013 New idea

Emanuel Pascoal l27253 at alunos.uevora.pt
Fri Apr 26 00:40:36 CEST 2013

Good Night Ton,

My idea is to put an option in the toolbar that allows several quick
shortcuts that are the most frequently used tools in blender. These
shortcuts would be placed in another bar (when the option was set) which
allows the user a quicker selection (one click on the icon) to the
principal options of Blender program. With these buttons (shortcuts) it
would only be possible with the click of the mouse, select the desired tool.

I would like to propose another function that permits to the user drag the
command from the previous toolbar options, allowing a creation of a new
icon in the new toolbar, these buttons could be selected by the user, with
a maximum size of the previous buttons.

When you hover over the button after 3 seconds, it will appear a briefed
description about the functionality of the button.

With this toolbar, Blender would become more intuitive and easier to use.

Emanuel Pascoal