[Bf-committers] Visual Studio 2012 GHOST crashes

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Thu Apr 25 22:35:58 CEST 2013

Hi there,

I managed to compile and run blender with VC2012 recently, but there is a small problem :-(

When run on Windows 7 everything is fine. Blender runs like a charm.
But when I try to start the binary on Windows 8 blender crashes on window creation.
I tried to debug this issue but I am stuck. It seems that there are memory  access violations while GHOST tries to handle WM_* messages before the window is created.
I can provide the libs and a patch to build with VC 2012. And some stack trace logs to help on this.

Best regards
Jürgen