[Bf-committers] Vertex duplication, dupligroup empty rendered in Cycles

imagenesis at gmail.com imagenesis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 15:38:22 CEST 2013

Windows XP, Nvidia 9800M

Blender 2.65 and 2.66

1. When the object being duplicated with verts is an empty that itself is
duplicating a group, in Cycles only, the empty is rendered as well which is
incorrect behavior.

2. In addition, though I personally don't care as I don't use BI, in BI,
the group that the empty is duplicating is not rendered when the empty is
being vertex duplicated which is again incorrect behavior.

As expected, if the empty is duplicating a group and is itself not being
vertex duplicated, the group is rendered. To confirm, in BI, neither the
empty that is vertex duplicating or the group further down the hierarchy is
not rendered. The correct behavior would be to render the group and no
render the empty. Not rendering the group makes no sense at all as it is
not connected to the vertex duplication in any way and can of course be
bound to other dupligroups.

I have attached a simple blend file. Please parent the dupligroup empty and
or the source group object to the cube to see the behavior.

http://www.mediafire.com/?joyhf561xmojzjy