[Bf-committers] GSoC - BGE Particle System or Arduino API

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 24 11:20:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to point at the stakeholder principle for open source projects. Especially when special hardware is involved (like 3DConnexion, Wacom, Leap, Oculus, Arduino, Kinect, or stereo displays) I would like to see a very clear end-user case.

I always tried get the company behind this hardware to seed units to active developers, to make things happen smoothly. This happened for Wacom and 3Dconnexion for example. Will try this for Leap too.

And - assuming there's enough users for this hardware, what do they already use, and what are their immediate demands precisely?

And last but not least - what's the benefit for a 3D creation tool to have this?

-Ton-