[Bf-committers] Stereoscopy Implementation Proposal

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:12:23 CEST 2013

Hi Brecht,

I got the rendering to work for multiple views in Blender Internal (*) and
I would like to address Cycles next.

I don't want to abuse of your assistance, but it will likely save me some
time to hear from you how would you tackle that.

My first thought after spending osme time wandering on blender_session.cpp
and session.cpp was:

session.cpp (pseudo-code)
+ for view in ...
+     scene->camera = view.camera;
+     SOMEGLOBAL.actview = view;

    if(device_use_gl)
        run_gpu();
    else
        run_cpu();
(. . .)

Plus in the buffer merging routines, I would have to do something similar
with what I did for Blender in render_result.c

(*) - No Composite (because I haven't tackled it), no FSA (not sure why).
Anything willing to test the current state, get the code in github:

http://github.com/dfelinto/blender/tree/multiview

Thanks,
Dalai

--