[Bf-committers] GSoC - BGE Particle System or Arduino API

Trevor Tomesh trevor.tomesh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 22:34:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I've been hashing out a few ideas for this years GSoC, and I was wondering
if anyone would be interested in mentoring me?

BGE Particle System:
As you probably know, the BGE does not have a built-in particle system. In
order to make the BGE more attractive, I propose that a basic particle
system be implemented complete with Python API and logic brick controllers.
I have the physics background (my first degree was in physics) -- I just
need the support!

Arduino API:
The Arduino micro-controller prototyping board is a very good and
inexpensive option for collecting all sorts of data including accelerometer
data -- Blender could very much benefit from a built-in Arduino API to make
it easier to control and take data from the Arduino as it would be a good
way to
a) Provide animators with a powerful tool for motion capture.
b) Provide scientists with an easy way to capture and visualize data using
Blender.

Please let me know what you think and if you are interested at all in
either of these projects!

Thanks!

Trevor Tomesh (irc: tsquar3d)