[Bf-committers] Stereoscopy Implementation Proposal

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Apr 22 13:45:45 CEST 2013

Hi Dalai,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> This doesn't work because the rendering is happening after we leave
> do_render_3d (so not during threaded_tile_processor as I thought). So the
> for loop there is just wasting cpu and time (and R.r.actview is always the
> last view id by the time we get to add_passes).
>
> Anyways, do you have some ideas on how to better tackle this?
> This approach was based on my interpretation of the old Render Pipeline
> wiki page [3]. But I clearly got it wrong

Rendering is definitely happening during threaded_tile_processor. What
I think the problem is with your implementation is that
threaded_tile_processor will free and allocate the RenderResult each
time, removing any previous data. That code has to be refactored so
that you can do things in this order:

* create render result
* for each view
** create render database