[Bf-committers] Compositor linker error

"Martin Bürbaum" martin.buerbaum at gmx.at
Mon Apr 22 11:50:11 CEST 2013

Martin Bürbaum wrote:
> Anyway, to be sure I did a clean checkout in a fresh directory and the compiled again.
> Unfortunately I still get an error with libbf_composite.a.
>
> user-config.py: http://pastebin.com/H4ZKFq3H
>
> Console output of scons: http://pastebin.com/i6Hnte9c

Nevermind, I've found the problem. Some of the paths are too long (even with a very short root dir).

If anybody else has the same error ("scons: unknown OSError exception code 0 - 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe': Error") the instructions below work for me!
Here's the patch if anybody is interested: http://pastebin.com/RuY94FtE

Quote from T.K. on the blenderartists forum:
"The "unknown OSError exception code 0" is caused by the fact that
a command line to create libbf_freestyle.a by means of the "ar"
command is very long. The reason why the trunk compiles without
the error is likely that there are no libraries to be created with
that long command lines.

See http://www.scons.org/wiki/LongCmdLinesOnWin32 for a workaround
for the long command line issue in Windows. In short, you need to edit
BlenderSVN\blender\scons\scons-local-1.2.0.d20090223\SCons\Platform\win32.py
and replace the spawn() function with the following code: