[Bf-committers] GSoC - Fluid simulation

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 08:51:56 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM, Ehsan Eslamian <eeslamian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am interested to do GSoC on Fluid simulation project but not sure I
> am suitable for it or not ??
> I am PhD student doing research on CFD analysis of compressible swirling
> flow inside nozzle. On my first year I used mainly Fluent software but now
> I am using OpenFOAM for my project. I also have programming experience with
> C++ and python but I don't have solid background on blender, and I have not
> used it professionally.
> Can I be a good candidate for the project ??
>
> Appreciate your feedback.
>
> --
> *Ehsan E.*

Hi Ehsan,

With the basic info you give, sounds like you could submit a GSOC proposal.

Some things to consider...

- You mention work you already did in this area, would you suggest
this has some use in blenders code base, or is this more of an example
of work you did in this area?
- There may be some conflict between your research and what makes for
generally useful features in a graphics/animation application (try
avoid conflicting goals).
- Suggest you go over user-tutorials, see where theres room for
improvement and take a look at blenders existing code.
- Students who have written patches in the area they propose to work
in have much greater chance of being accepted.
- You may want to contact devs to get feedback on initial ideas before
writing a proposal.