[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes, April 21 2013

Martin Felke martin.felke at t-online.de
Sun Apr 21 22:52:54 CEST 2013

Hi Dan,

> On a related side note, I've been working on python bindings for voro++ so
> if this lib gets bundled with blender...
>
> It's taking a bit longer than I originally anticipated translating their
> (wonky) C++ api into something nice to use from python but I have it ~70%
> complete. Mostly I've been taking a single class, running it through
> pybindgen and then cleaning up the generated code by hand before adding it
> to the main bindings lib.

do you plan to do a "full" python binding to voro++ ? (Every class,
every function and so on ?)

A year ago or so i already made a (partial) python binding to voro++ for
the Blender Destructability Editor using cython,
it was merely a simple one liner call to do it (with cython installed)

Here in my Blender Destructability Editor is a readme how to do it with
cython:

https://github.com/scorpion81/Blender-Destructability-Editor/blob/master/object_destruction/README

Furthermore i have the python/cython bindings i created here

https://github.com/scorpion81/Blender-Destructability-Editor/tree/master/object_destruction/libvoro

along with the necessary setup.py and voronoi.pyx files (created by me,
those specify how to "bind" the functions from C/C++ to python.

Maybe this can help you ease up your task.

Martin / scorpion81