[Bf-committers] Enhancing the 3d_ruler to filter snapping by selected objects

Isaac Bickerstaff worcesterm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 12:18:07 CEST 2013

It's quite hard to explain fully, here's the blend I was working on when I
got the itch to scratch.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/20828

The problem is when I want to draw a rule from one object to another, but I
have quite a few objects in view. Previously I was moving the objects I
wanted to measure to a new layer, drawing the rulers, then moving them
back. But this got annoying relatively quickly.

The other type of thing I'd like to implement (if you are open to accepting
patches for this feature) is a "lock to axis" when drawing the ruler.

ps: I'm sorry if I've screwed up formatting here, I have no idea how
mailing lists are supposed to work. :(

--
tubs