[Bf-committers] GSoC 2013 - spread the news!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Apr 19 10:42:04 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Blender has been accepted by Google again for the Summer of Code grants.
Anyone who's a student in an official recognized college or university (at reference date 27 May) can apply with a development project for an open source organization, and get paid for work on this during the summer period.

Submissions open next Monday, 22nd April.

We've had tremendous successful GSoC projects in the past years. Just check on the 2011 and 2012 editions here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2011
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2012/Overview

You can find all the information about it at our Google page here:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/blender

You can also help spreading the word among local colleges or universities. Via online university channels, or by printing a small leaflet with info to put on public bulletin boards. Here's a A5 sized example you can use:
http://www.blender.org/bf/gsoc-leaflet.pdf

Thanks!

-Ton-