[Bf-committers] Migrating Blender builds to Visual Studio 2010

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Wed Apr 17 20:34:35 CEST 2013

Ok,

First test with a fresh VC 2010 Build of version 56113 from SVN.

I could measure a speed up of 4.13% in cycles compared to a build (56113) with 2008 and the libs from trunk.

It was a simple scene of a character with some SSS and HDRI.

I guess that is not much, but it's not a real benchmark just a test.
I would like to do more testing on this to see if the OpenMP performance for physics is better or not.

Until now VC2010 seems to have little benefit. I still have some library porting to do. But the build issues for OSL and OIIO are fixed now thanks to Brecht and Igritz on GitHub.

Best regards

Jürgen