[Bf-committers] Migrating Blender builds to Visual Studio 2010

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Mon Apr 15 14:38:56 CEST 2013

Hi there,

after trying to build Blender on VC 2012 in the last weeks I came to the conclusion that with the current state of the Microsoft VC 2012 compiler it is merely impossible for me to provide a working build. Even if I get blender to compile without errors, blender crashes on startup.

I am recently trying recompile the libs for VS 2010 x64 (x86 follows later).
While doing this I'll replace outdated versions of the libs with newer ones.

If all goes well I'll be done with the x64 libs by the end if this week and could provide a decent test build of Blender trunk using these libs.

For compilation with this new build environment I'll have to change things in the CMakeLists.txt.

If you like I could provide the libs and CMake adaptions to you for inclusion in SVN.

Kind regards

Jürgen Herrmann