[Bf-committers] Blender Development Environment (virtual-appliance) available

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:04:00 CEST 2013

Since seeing some new developers struggle getting Blender source code
setup with a good development environment, I've uploaded a
virtual-appliance  that runs on VirtualBox with an IDE, editor for
scripts, recent SVN which builds out of the box.

Of course this is just my personal preference and of experienced devs
would not bother, just posting in case some new devs or prospective
GSOC students find it useful.

Instructions:
wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/ArchLinuxVirtualBox

Download:
www.graphicall.org/ftp/ideasman42/blender_dev_env.ova

--
- Campbell