[Bf-committers] Proposal for improvement: "Animation mirror and keyframe select" ...

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Tue Apr 9 12:22:08 CEST 2013

Hi;

I am missing some functions in the animation section:

1.) In 3D View / Pose mode:

- I miss the selection of "all bones which are keyed in the current
frame". This could help me for example to optimize my poses which i have
recorded with automatic keyframe insertion. Currently i have to open the
Dope sheet to see which bones are keyed, then i have to select all keyed
bones manually, which is a tedious process.

- I miss the selection of "all bones which are not in Rest pose".

2.) In the dope sheet editor:

- After i selected a keyframe, i miss the "Select keyed bones" function
(essentially the same as proposed above).
- It would be great to have a Mirror-paste, that would allow me to
mirror a key-frame or an entire animation sequence on the fly.

I guess that these functions are not too complicated to be implemented.
so i offer to try to implement that if it is wanted. Although whoever is
responsible for the animation module probably could do that much faster
than me.

So please what is your opinion about that ?
Would that be a nice/feasible/wanted improvement ?
Or do we have it already but its hidden somewhere behind the curtain ?
Who would be the one to contact for further discussion or approval ?

cheers,
Gaia