[Bf-committers] Edit mode - additional selection mode

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 23:49:07 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to suggest adding a selection mode to the existing vertex,
edge and face : "element". This would allow for selecting independant,
unconnected groups of faces - "mesh islands", if you wish. This option
exists in 3dsmax and I have long missed it, first in Maya, then in Blender.
I always find myself selecting a face and then growing selection
(ctrl+plus) a number of times to dodge this situation.

If this addition proved difficult to implement or for another reason was
out of the question, I suggest adding "element" or "mesh island" to the
Shift-G (select similar) menu.

Thank you,

Hadrien