[Bf-committers] Stereoscopy Implementation Proposal

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Apr 6 18:22:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just prefer to see this added in a way it's not changing the regular render flow. MultiView render is a new feature, and only used (very) occasionally. If you add this in a way that keeps existing code and data structures work, it can be done with minimal risk. Bugs then stay in the stereo-render feature, not for all the rest of Blender.

Many ways to do it though.

It can also be via the 'get result' api, which then can give a complete render result from views (or just the old one).

That would be then more like:

render -> views -> renderresult -> layers -> passes.

-Ton-