[Bf-committers] Slash Brushes for blender sculpting proposal

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 07:57:52 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Paul Geraskin <paulgeraskin at gmail.com>wrote:

> I can make it easily. But you forgot about other 10000 3d artists who
> even don't that that it's possible. This considers the development too.
>
> I open Zbrush - i see about 5 different slash brushes.
> I open Mudbox - i see 2 Slash brushes.
> I open blender - i see no slash brushes.
>
> I just want blender to become more professional and easy to use tool.
>
> Just a question: How many good sculpts did you see made by blender?
> I saw about 5 during 3 moths made in blender.
> And i saw about 300 during 3 moths made in zbrush.
>
> I want to see more good sculpts in blender. And only you(devs) can help
> 3d artists with it.
>
> I don't want to hurt anyone. I just told my point.

Ya, I 100% agree with these points. Blender CAN do it but most of us will
not take the time to learn how. If it comes installed in the basic setup
then an artist will see it and try in and produce something cool. Devs just
don't seem to get that artists are NOT devs and will not develop anything
at all, not even something as simple as a new brush. They fear even adding
a brush. Sad but true. Blender needs good installed defaults.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: