[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [50827] trunk/blender/source/blender: Fix #32522: Object's diffuse color not showing in Sculpt Mode

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 07:10:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

On second look faces seems to be split in PBVH, so no accumulation of color
needed.

This patch http://www.pasteall.org/35713/diff eliminates issue with extra
16 bytes. Didn't commit it because not sure if we'll keep original change
or not.

As i understand from comments, issue happens when there's no VBOs enabled.
In this case glGetMaterialfv() is used to pick up a color set up in
setMaterial callback and this color is multiplying by mask and setting back
as color by glColor. Maybe this call is messed up somehow?

Didn't check deeper yet, would check it deeper later today.

Could see few ways:
- Revert buggy part of commit which i understand is draw_legacy_grids, or
- Completely revert diffuse color commit, which is probably safer

P.S. I'm not sure when we'll make final release, maybe we'll have enough
time to look into/fix the issue? Campbell also wanted to make lazy masks
before commit, which afraid also not so small change and would need extra
time for tests..
P.P.S. Mailing list gave some issues previous time i've tried to answer
(something about i've exceeded 40KB), hopefully it'll work all fine now.

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin