[Bf-committers] M-Def Binding Accelerator

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Tue Sep 25 18:35:00 CEST 2012

I've used it hear on tube also, pretty heavy character, with no issues.
I'm also convinced that if you guys say there are issues with corner
cases, that is indeed true however:

It is *so much* faster that I don't even consider binding with the other
tool. The only time I would if there was a considerable fail, and I
rebound. The question I have is: would the differences (in working
conditions) be small enough that both methods could be included, as an
option (fast vs. accurate perhaps? and a tooltip that explains the
benefits) for now? then the benefit would be, as a trunk code and not a
languishing patch it would get more eyeballs and perhaps in the future,
the option gets removed...

my 2c as one of the (I suspect not huge) number of people doing rigging
with blender, and using mdef for it, on heavy characters.
Bassam.