[Bf-committers] Colormanagement Issue

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Sep 25 14:47:36 CEST 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Troy Sobotka <troy.sobotka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nuke passes the test fine, so it extends beyond the default Blender
> set of OCIO config files. Further, the sRGB transform uses the Sony 1D
> LUT in conjunction with an ACES matrix, which seems entirely odd. In
> theory, if the default internal Blender space is intended to be sRGB /
> 709 primaries, only an ExponentTransform or a 1D bounded 0..1 LUT
> should suffice to linearize the sRGB asset. This is tangential to the
> issue however.

Regarding the ACES stuff, that was indeed a bit clumsy in the
configuration file, it used ACES as the reference color space, but
this would have no influence because the matrices cancelled out going
from sRGB => Linear ACES => Linear Rec. 709. I've changed the
configuration file now to be a bit more clear and avoid this
intermediate step, but it should have no influence on the end result.

Brecht.