[Bf-committers] Need approval for wiki Glossary entries (context: Materials and Textures)

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Mon Sep 24 19:50:48 CEST 2012

Hi,

So i did as Harley proposed. here are the new entries ready for approval:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Material
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Texture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Procedural_Texture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Image_Texture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Movie_Texture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/Baked_Texture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Glossary/UV_Image

Note: I proposed "UV Image" as an acronym for "Face Assigned Image".
My reason for that: "UV Image" is very descriptive and fits well into the
current functionality and is more specific and better to remember
than "Face Assigned Image".

Please correct me, if my reasoning is wrong or if there is a better
alternative (maybe i missed the standard acronym for this)  or
maybe it is just common sense to use "Face Assigned Image"
in this context ?

cheers,
Gaia