[Bf-committers] lib/linux64 and libpng-1.5

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:56:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

No, this can not be done. In contrast with libraries for Windows/OSX
pre-compiled libraries for Linux are supposed to be used on older LInuxes
where compiling dependencies are really hard (like current Debian stable).
If pre-compiled libraries would be compiled against newer versions of their
dependencies it'll make that libraries useless for their original purpose.

On newer Linux distributives it's really easy to compile all the
dependencies or even use dependencies from repository. So please go ahead
and compile OIIO for your particular distributive.

P.S. There's a plan to get rid of pre-compiled Linux libraries as soon as
Debian Wheezy is released as stable. After this in all supporting
distributives all the dependencies would be much easier compilable than
continuing maintaining pre-compiled libraries from our side.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Ejner Fergo <ejnersan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hola,
>
> Spend some time fighting with PNG textures not working in Cycles using
> Blender-SVN under Fedora 17, getting this error:
>
> libpng warning: Application built with libpng-1.2.27 but running with
> 1.5.10
>
> and think I know the problem now. Found this update from DingTo:
>
> http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/lib/win64/openimageio/?root=bf-blender&pathrev=46158
>
> So I guess the libraries in lib/linux64 is not updated to
> libpng-1.5.10 ? Can this be done, please? Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Ejner

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin