[Bf-committers] 3D cursor manipulation improvements proposal

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 16:16:01 CEST 2012

I'd like to suggest a different way of placing the 3D cursor. The current
methods, in my opinion, whether lack precision or ergonomy. What is
currently possible as far as I know :
1/ left click to place the 3D cursor by hand (imprecision issue)
2/ snap the 3D cursor to object / vertex (need to have an object or a
vertex at that exact position in the first place)

I suggest implementing a "CD cursor placement" mode/context, triggered by a
hotkey (or a right click), where it'd be possible to manipulate it like any
other object, using custom transform orientations and/or snapping if
needed. Once placed, hitting enter would bring you back to the previous
mode (object, edit, sculpt... whatever you were in).

thanks,

Hadrien Brissaud