[Bf-committers] Regarding sticky coordinates removal from blender

Lockal S lockalsash at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:12:50 CEST 2012

Project from view ignores the scale and aspect of camera. Additional
uv tweaking is needed to match the scale of original image.

The other potential replacement could be adding and applying UvProject
modifier on the special uv layer, however it distorts uvs in
perspective mode. Also it doesn't take image aspect into account
(default aspect is (1, 1)). And even after fixing distortion in
uvproject modifier there are still problems:
1) No replacement in do_versions provided
2) No changes in documentation and release notes
3) Even then Spacebar menu -> Add sticky is easier than going to
modifiers panel, adding Uv project modifier, setting image, setting
aspect, setting camera and clicking apply after each geometry change.