[Bf-committers] Make Parent - shouldn't it work differently?

Bartek Skorupa (priv) bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Fri Sep 21 21:11:24 CEST 2012

Thank you.
However we are only half way there. It solves the major issue as we at least don't have weird properties of the child.
The question still remains:
How to make a parent such that the child stays at it's current location, rotation and scale, but the values of loc/rot/scale change.
This is what should happen by default.

@Bassam Kurdali:
You wrote:
> the default behaviour should be kept, of course. Most users want this.

I wouldn't agree with that. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out at least one benefit of current default behavior and can't find anything.
Is there any good reason for destroying the order in the scene? Having objects with locations, rotations and scales set in relation to who-the-hell-knows what?
What do I miss?

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com