[Bf-committers] Make Parent - shouldn't it work differently?

Bartek Skorupa (priv) bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Fri Sep 21 11:49:56 CEST 2012

In order to get "proper" parenting I use a little script:

active = bpy.context.active_object
selected = boy.context.selected_objects
for c in selected:
	if c =! active:
		m = c.matrix_world
		c.parent = active
		c.matrix_world = m

This gives me the behavior that I'd like to have under Ctl-P

The behavior that I'd like to have under Shift-Ctl-P would be this:

active = bpy.context.active_object
selected = boy.context.selected_objects
for c in selected:
	if c =! active: