[Bf-committers] Alembic streaming

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Mon Sep 10 14:34:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

The case I am working on is data interchange between departments, where
Blender is one of the many tool-sets in use.
The use of alembic within blender is:
  * export baked animation data to an alembic archive.
  * use of alembic archive (baked mesh data) in a blender for vfx or
rendering.

As you mentioned there are many other areas where Blender could benefit
from alembic as cache system, like sims and pointclouds. IMO these are
more blender internally managed. But sure, the system should be capable
to handle these as well.

Jeroen