[Bf-committers] [Soc-2012-dev] loss of data after fbx-import and reopening of saved file

Alexander Gessler alexander.gessler at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 19:10:38 CEST 2012

Hi Benjamin, bf-committers, soc-2012-dev

sorry for the late response, I was off and busy for some days.

I can confirm the issue - this is something really serious. In my tests
it didn't even work when I re-opened Blender for the first-time.

Does anybody have an idea of what my assimp importing code might be
doing wrong when the following sequence:

* import file into an empty blender scene - ok, geometry is there
* save .blend - ok, file is saved
* open the same blend

yields lots of "Object <name> lost data" messages in the console?

there's also a message on " search for unknown op
'CONSOLE_OT_copy_as_script'" but it does not seem to be related since it
also appears if I save and load the default scene.

I'm really puzzled and I don't know enough of Blender to have an idea of
what might be going wrong here. Any ideas?

Bye, Alex