[Bf-committers] Freestyle branch review

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Oct 24 19:15:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think we discussed this sort of thing before. In my opinion, either
we support a feature officially or we don't. We'd still have to ensure
the data structures are designed so that they can keep working in the
future, we still would fix bugs, and need take the code into account
when refactoring, etc. Hiding it behind an addon wouldn't help much.
Maybe it gives us fewer bug reports because there would be fewer
users, but for me it doesn't really address the main reason why you
don't want to have all code from branches in trunk.

Brecht.