[Bf-committers] Compiling w/ Code Coverage

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:57:06 CEST 2012

I made some headway towards creating a WITH_CODE_COVERAGE option
yesterday.  The only problem I had seemed to be that programs like
makesrna, makesdna, and datatoc use the same options but not the same
libraries.  Also the fact that Xcode now defaults to using clang.  My
solutions to both of these problems is kind of hackish, but if I get
things working it should be fairly small patch.  (I'd leave it to an
interested party who uses Scons to port it over).

My use for it is to make sure I've tested every part of the OpenGL
abstraction layer I created for GSoC.  I figured I'd invest time in
getting code coverage enabled rather than fussing around with other
methods I might try that would end up being wasted.

As for performance, it appears to not have much impact so far.