[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [51368] trunk/blender/source/blender/ modifiers/intern/MOD_particlesystem.c: Fix/workaround #32846, dupli group + particle instances gets messed up in Cycles viewport rendering .

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:41:31 CEST 2012

Hmpf, this is really annoying ...

I have been looking into why the instancing transform bug does not
appear when rendering with F12 (or BI), it seems that the database
convert which is still performed before such renders does an
additional scene update afterwards, which resets particles to their
proper state. It does a whole lot of unnecessary updates and should
not be needed for cycles, but has the positive side effect of undoing
the bad transforms. Cycles viewport rendering is not using the render
database, so everything stays in that intermediate bad state.

I'll see if i can force another scene update after Cycles sync,
instead of skipping the particle modifier. This is all a big ugly
hack, but i can't simply fix particles properly.