[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [51384] trunk/blender/intern/cycles: Cycles: motion blur is now curved and passes exactly through the midpoint.

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Oct 17 19:29:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
> Great! (beside that it does not render atm on my GPU).
>
> Why is the maximum shutter 10.0? I would like to do images like:
>
> http://www.zoonar.de/photo/autos-bei-nacht-langzeitbelichtung_1138193.html
>
> BTW: something strange(?) happens when I try to do a scene like this.
> The blurred trace of the object is shorter than the illumination it causes?
>
> File: http://www.pasteall.org/blend/16960

Fixed this case now, but motion blur currently doesn't really work
well beyond shutter time 2.0 (which is the soft limit of the
property), it will extrapolate motion then. For that we'd need to take
more motion samples than just the previous and next frame. It would be
good to implement that once but I don't have immediate plans for it.

Brecht.